can this option be accomplished ~[LoW]~Yar Friday, December 10, 1999

I didn't see my question thread though but can you develop a remote bot which can change rooms with a simple !command {Room I want my bot to change to command} Thanks ~[Low]~Yar

Re: can this option be accomplished SubSpace Friday, December 10, 1999

Hi,

> I didn't see my question thread though but can you develop a remote bot
> which can change rooms with a simple !command {Room I want my bot to
> change to command} Thanks ~[Low]~Yar

Currently you can make the bot join another channel, but it will not actually keep a database in that channel unless it's in the list of backup channels. So you could make it switch channels to op, but only in a predefined list.

You would have to have the homechannel flag off, then just use

talk("/join " + paramWord(1))

In your command. You cannot currently change the actual setting of the homechannel from a command.

SubSpace

Re: can this option be accomplished ~[LoW]~Yar Saturday, December 11, 1999

I've added the command the way I thought it should be and tried your example but it still doesn't stay in the channel. It keeps rejoining the home channel even with rejoin home channel not checked.

I've also encountered a problem with the paging script. It works but won't play the sounds. I've tried several times and still can't figure out why. This feature here could be a major success for bot users and I was hoping to easily add it. Although I'm not an expert on your bot yet I'm getting there quickly adn hope to have worked it out so I can succesfully program the bot to do just about anything..

If this is still something your working on could it be updated with a new release? Just an idea for an eager bot user. Maybe another command that would be worth researching would be how to open programs if the file can't open the sound. I don't know just thinking of an alternative incase its my comps and not the programming language....
> Hi,

> Currently you can make the bot join another channel, but it will not
> actually keep a database in that channel unless it's in the list of backup
> channels. So you could make it switch channels to op, but only in a
> predefined list.

> You would have to have the homechannel flag off, then just use

> talk("/join " + paramWord(1))

> In your command. You cannot currently change the actual setting of the
> homechannel from a command.

> SubSpace