and now to something completely different... [Dyn]DieNasty Sunday, November 21, 1999

I'd like to know if there's the possibility to subscribe to a "a new version of subbot is available" mailing list :) .

Anyway.. SubBot is great! (even if i don't use it yet... the scripting language of SaneBot [TCL] may suck (it does, allright) but it still gives me more freedom in customizing my bot).

Go on with the great work (and add some more scripting features =D)

Re: and now to something completely different... SubSpace Monday, November 22, 1999

Hi [Dyn]DieNasty,

> Anyway.. SubBot is great! (even if i don't use it yet... the scripting
> language of SaneBot [TCL] may suck (it does, allright) but it still gives
> me more freedom in customizing my bot).
> Go on with the great work (and add some more scripting features =D)

Yeah, personally I don't like TCL, but writing a scripting language from scratch is a lot of work :)

About the mailinglist, it's a nice idea, I think I'll add it in the near future..

SubSpace

Re: and now to something completely different... [Dyn]DieNasty Monday, November 22, 1999

> [...], but writing a scripting language from scratch is a lot of work :)

I never tried it but i'll trust you there one last time =D

maybe just enabling a "plugin" for 'real' scripting languages? (like in SaneBot for example)

Re: and now to something completely different... SubSpace Monday, November 22, 1999

Hi again,

> maybe just enabling a "plugin" for 'real' scripting languages?
> (like in SaneBot for example)

Well I basically made this bot to do some stuff new to me, I don't want to plug in too much 3rd party code even if it makes the bot better, I've always been kind of stubborn :)

SubSpace