Regardless that it doesnt work, a new script. HeLL now known as u$e 2 Wednesday, November 10, 1999

My rewritten version of the code implements a command called !getops, but it wont continue after it has reconnected thus never trying all the servers or permitting an endless goto loop until it gets ops. If you do plan to implement a command like this keep in mind it would be awesome if it would also try to join its home channel first before it reconnected again, in case you get banned youll still be able to try ops for that channel. Also the popularity of this bot will go through the roof. If nothing else becuase of its annoyance to channels, with its disconnecting and reconnecting over and over, battle.net going mad. I suggest maybe for just yourself, or me if you like me :). ok heres my stupid script getBotName() if hasOps() send(" i have ops, there is " + gavelCount() + " ops holder in " + getChannel() + ". " + eval(gavelCount() - 1) + " of them are not me.") else send(" i don't have ops yet, there is " + gavelCount() + " ops holder in " + getChannel() + ". ") execute("reconnect 203.248.250.69") execute("getops2") Getops2 would be the next server command. then getops3 so on and so on. it was either that or write 1 full page script but since it doesnt work anyway i didnt try it. Ok ill leave you alone for now. Keep up the nice work. At least one person really appreciates it. -u$e|2 Channel: FUCK the bots in there if you want to visit it hehe, Latz

Re: Regardless that it doesnt work, a new script. SubSpace Wednesday, November 10, 1999

You can make it loop using

while (condition) { code }

and selecting the run in seperate thread option. Inside the loop, make sure you put a

sleep(5000)

or so in to let it pause 5 seconds or it will go berserk ;) Also, you could use "reconnect other" instead of specifying the IP address.

Note that sometimes the while loop messes up a bit, that's why it's not in the official docs yet :)

SubSpace

Re: Regardless that it doesnt work, a new script. HeLL now known as u$eI2 Wednesday, November 10, 1999

can you give me an example of a while loop. When i was programming in PASCAL this is what would always screw me up, but if i see an example it becomes obvious. thanks u$e|2