suggestions if you are looking for them Anon Thursday, May 11, 2000

1. Perma-squelch.... already possible with OnJoin scripts but could be made easier.

2. Configurable whisper to all/all bots/all SubBots/point&click list of recipients... etc. This does present spam possibilities but would save a lot of hassle.

3. !allseen configurable to specific client types... etc !allseen SEXP, as this would facilitate finding gaming partners

4. Allow user of sufficient access level to change antinick settings in the userbase, instead of requiring a user to change his/her own.

5. More run-time error types - little things like checking for non-existant methods upon execute (frinstance if playSound() was misspelled).

A farfetched idea:

6. Remote configuration dialog... as in editing the db of another subbot in the channel via a dialog similar to the existing userbase editor... the bot would transparently send the appropriate bot commands to accomplish the task.

Re: suggestions if you are looking for them SubSpace Monday, May 15, 2000

Hi,

> 1. Perma-squelch.... already possible with OnJoin scripts but could be
> made easier.

Is already on the to-do list indeed 8)

> 2. Configurable whisper to all/all bots/all SubBots/point&click list of
> recipients... etc. This does present spam possibilities but would save a
> lot of hassle.

Whisper to multiple should have been in long ago but I had some trouble making the interface to do it. As soon as I overcome the problem a similar feature will be in.

> 3. !allseen configurable to specific client types... etc !allseen SEXP, as
> this would facilitate finding gaming partners

Good idea, I'll try to remember.

> 4. Allow user of sufficient access level to change antinick settings in
> the userbase, instead of requiring a user to change his/her own.

The !iam and !antinick have that same problem right now, I know. It would be nice if it could be changed without using the actual user interface, but I'm not sure when thism will actually be in.

> 5. More run-time error types - little things like checking for
> non-existant methods upon execute (frinstance if playSound() was
> misspelled).

The scripting language parser is rather limited right now, which makes it hard to indentify the error. I agree it could use some (read: a lot) improvemen 8)

> 6. Remote configuration dialog... as in editing the db of another subbot
> in the channel via a dialog similar to the existing userbase editor... the
> bot would transparently send the appropriate bot commands to accomplish
> the task.

Working on a similar feature but over a directly established connection right now, because displaying the dialog would require all the userbase data to be available. Sending that data over Battle.net would be too slow. The connection negotiation and establishment is done over Battle.net

SubSpace