Bot-Answers and bot-time Frosti Sunday, September 26, 1999

HiHO,

your Bot is great!!!!!

My first question: Can i modify the answers from the bot anyway???? The bot - commands can i modify with a script like your Posting to Bill the Kid. Have i any chance to translate the answer from the bot into another language?

Second question: Can you Change the Bot-Time to the local time from the hosts computer??? When someoene use !seen the bot answer with the time from b-net. And many users are in different countries so the time isn?t correct....

Sorry for my terrible english ;)

cya Frosti

Re: Bot-Answers and bot-time SubSpace Sunday, September 26, 1999

Hi,

> your Bot is great!!!!!

> My first question: Can i modify the answers from the bot anyway????

Well not right now, but I might make seperate language files in a later version, so everyone can change most of the texts to suit their needs. No promises tho..

> The bot - commands can i modify with a script like your Posting to Bill the
> Kid. Have i any chance to translate the answer from the bot into another
> language?

Not like that, sorry..

> Second question: Can you Change the Bot-Time to the local time from the
> hosts computer???

Bot-time? You mean the clock in the statusbar or the time it displays on a !seen command?

> When someoene use !seen the bot answer with the time
> from b-net. And many users are in different countries so the time isn?t
> correct....

The time is GMT, so it's easily converted by adding or subtracting your timezone. The bot doesn't know in what timezone you are, although I might add a per-user setting later tom it knows their local time.

SubSpace

Re: Bot-Answers and bot-time Frosti Monday, September 27, 1999

> Bot-time? You mean the clock in the statusbar or the time it displays on a
> !seen command?

yes for example.... ;)

thx for your answer...

cya Frosti

PS: in germany is a great bot.... and the source - code can you download from the webpage..... (i think is C++) but it only works on an linux-system.. :( When you are interested.... look at www.starbot.org