Consider this? FatCat Friday, December 24, 1999

I read recently that as a bot you can login anonymously and do a /recorddata . This tells you a whole load of information about a user including when the account was created and then the stats for any game that user has been on. The last time that user logged on and then logged off. I also found out you can connect anonymously if you already have another bot on. Maybe you could set up something where: You connect to battle.net and you can choose to have an anonymous connection also (popping up a subwindow) then a command like !userinfo to your bot would call a /recorddata command, that could be written to text (or memory)and then displayed outloud in a channel.

I know very little about bot programming i hope you dont find my idea overwhelming. G-night

Re: Consider this? SubSpace Friday, December 24, 1999

> I read recently that as a bot you can login anonymously and do a
> /recorddata.

True... Very useful information. Ladder information is also available.

> I also found out you can connect anonymously if you already have
> another bot on.

Uhm, no you can't... I wish you could but the same rules apply.

> (popping up a subwindow) then a command like !userinfo to your bot would
> call a /recorddata command, that could be written to text (or memory)and
> then displayed outloud in a channel.

If I knew how to have both connections at a time it would already be in there :)

SubSpace

Re: Consider this? FatCat Friday, December 24, 1999

> True... Very useful information. Ladder information is also available.

> Uhm, no you can't... I wish you could but the same rules apply.

> If I knew how to have both connections at a time it would already be in
> there :)

> SubSpace

if you just connect directly to battle.net it will let you connect long enough to log in anonymously. Also ive been using PROXY SOCKS 5 servers through a program called SOCKSCAP available through NEC http://www.socks.nec.com/, to log on more then one bot. Currently i have 7 subbots running.

I stand corrected i wasnt able to get an anonymous connection from them now but i know i did it yesterday. Anyway maybe included in the option you must provide a valid SOCKS server or wingate to connect through or is this just getting way to complicated?. hAPPY xMAS eVE ill try not to put any more ideas in your head till after the new year.

Re: Consider this? SubSpace Tuesday, January 4, 2000

Hi,

> if you just connect directly to battle.net it will let you connect long
> enough to log in anonymously. Also ive been using PROXY SOCKS 5 servers
> through a program called SOCKSCAP available through NEC
> http://www.socks.nec.com /, to log on more then one bot. Currently i have
> 7 subbots running.

True, but this requires you to use a SOCKS proxy which is usually left open by accident. Making a connection through SOCKS without SocksCap32 isn't that hard, but it's kind of anti-social to connect through someone elses modem ;)

> hAPPY xMAS eVE ill try not to put any more ideas in your head till after
> the new year.

Don't worry about it, I wasn't looking anyway :)

SubSpace